Saturday, August 18, 2012

Oro Gold Cosmetics

Yesterday i went to Shangri-la mall because i wanted to shop at Kamiseta since theyre on sale. While looking for a good place to eat a sales rep from Oro Gold approached me to try out their free sample. Then she suddenly grabbed my hand and removed my nail polish without permission and started her product demo. She talked so fast i cant even understand what shes saying but she did something to my nails that amazed me. She only used the magic nail buffer for few seconds and made my nails super shiny as if you put on a clear nail polish. Then she started her sales talk again and offered me a nail kit for 2000 peso and i said that i dont need it, i have no problems with my nails. She lowered the price to 1500 but still i dont like it and asked her about their other product. She then offered me a skin care set that costs 14000. I was shocked by the price and couldnt afford so she lowered it again to 8000. I told her that I never heard of your product before and i need to do some research first. The sales rep is very pushy and agressive I felt being harassed I really wanted to leave this time but she is always stopping me. Im really an idiot for staying there because I allow her to put another cream into my face, a peeling cream that cost 6000. These products are made from Gold not the hard gold, i think Nano Gold thats good for the skin (that explain the price) My God it is still expensive im not rich what am i doing here i said to myself. This also happen to me before in Jericho kiosk at SM The Block but the only difference is that i manage to escape without buying anything he..he..Im not lucky this time i gave up and ended up buying 2 products. She gave me some freebies. After i got home i immediately Google Oro Gold and got pleased with the reviews. Many said that these products really work well, however, they are not happy with the sales tactic of this company. Most of the reviewers experienced what i have experienced. Oh well i still felt that i was robbed. Just hoping that it will work wonders for me too.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing happened to me in Shang just this afternoon! :'(

    I was on my way to go down the escalators when a guy casually handed me a sachet. He said it was a free sample so I shrugged and accepted it, thinking that was the end of that. Before I knew it, he had already led me away from the escalator, closer to their booth and faster than I can blink, he was already buffing my nail!

    He was talking so fast, I could scarcely understand him but he kept buffing and I thought, "Fine, buff my nail but I'm outta here after that." Little did I know, I'd be conned and I'd have no one but myself to blame. :(

    I had no idea how it happened. I'm normally a cautious buyer and I don't usually give in to pushy salespeople but wow, this guy was determined to make a sale and he wasn't taking no for an answer. Every time I'd try to leave, he'd find some way to stop me.

    I was dismayed to read plenty of similar complaints of the same thing even abroad!!

    I was too blinded with the results of the buffer. When he said it costs P1450, I laughed at how stupid it was. But who's stupid now?

    He quickly tried to sell me the nail kit that supposedly costs P3600. When I kept chuckling at the price, he said he'll sell it to me for P2500 cos 'We have a promo until today only'. When I still wouldn't budge, he leaned over and spooned me a lot of crap about how he really wants me to have this product and that I'm his first customer for the day and if I could promise that I'll tell my friends about this product, that he'll give me a 'special deal'.

    Oh, I'm telling my friends alright. WARNING them about sleazeballs like you!

    He said he'll sell the buffer for P1450 and give everything else in the set for free. And I was gullible enough to get duped.

    Later on, I found local ads online that sell the same damn thing for P1300. And if you buy more than one, you can get it at a lower price.

    I told him it doesn't make sense to lower the price that much if he weren't making any profit from it. He said he'll use his 'store credit' because he really wants me to 'experience the wonders of their product' so he's willing to use his store credit for me since he won't use it for himself anyway. R-iiight.

    I bought it, hook, line and sinker.

    He even tried this body scrub that's supposedly from The Dead Sea and it also impressed me. But there was no way I'm shelling out P3100 for another product. He again tried to con me into buying it and he'll give the shea butter cream/lotion for free. When I kept saying no, he did the whole leaning over and whispering secretly act of giving me a 'special deal' of buying just one bottle for P1500.

    Well, it was a good thing I didn't have any money else, otherwise, I might've been duped out of even more money.

    Never again. Never again. :'(

    I pray many others will read this and be warned. Please don't end up like me. I thought I was a savvy shopper but even I was helpless at these very skillful, agressive, pushy Oro Gold salespeople.

    If you've got the money to burn, then go ahead. But I think they're way overpriced and you deserve your hard-earned money's worth.

    Oh, he assured me that their nail buffers have a lifetime warranty. And told me I could just bring my old buffer, any time, no questions asked and they'll return it. He said I won't even be asked to present a receipt. I kept asking him to put that on the receipt but I again got blinded by his fast-talking and all that jazz that I only realized when I got home that the receipt (or the box) doesn't say anything about a lifetime guarantee.

    Read reviews online and plenty of people have complained about the same shady tactics. Usually claims of being refused refunds even when they were initially promised one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oro Goldreally helps me to solve my problem with my skin. Using this in few day's my is so gorgeous and smooth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! We will be connecting to this enormous post on our site. Continue the good writing.
    oro gold

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to visit your site; it carries plenty of superb facts that pleased me. orogold

    ReplyDelete